Call for candidatures for an OOPC consultant
The Global Climate Observing System (GCOS) ─ a programme sponsored by the World Meteorological Organization (WMO), the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC) of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the International Council for Science (ICSU) ─ is looking for a Consultant for the GCOS-GOOS-WCRP Ocean Observations Panel for Climate (OOPC) to be based at WMO Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.
Deadline for application: 26 October 2012.
More information on WMO website: http://www.wmo.int/pages/vacancies/documents/VN-consultant-OOPC_en.pdf (in Engilsh), or http://www.wmo.int/pages/vacancies/documents/VN-consultant-OOPC_fr.pdf (in French).
GEOWOW GIS Programme Specialist Position
The Ocean Observation and Services Section of IOC is seeking candidates for the post of Programme Specialist (Project Appointment) to be responsible for the development of an interactive marine spatial database with products that indicate the state of the global ocean ecosystems, as specified in the GEOWOW (Global Earth Observations System of Systems (GEOSS) Inter-operability for Weather, Ocean and Water) Project, funded by the European Commission's 7th Framework Programme.
Duty station: IOC/UNESCO, Paris, France
Closing date for application: 21 September 2012 (midnight Paris time).
JCOMMOPS - Recruiting a "Ship Logistics Coordinator"
The JCOMM in situ Observations Programme Support Centre is seeking international candidates for a new Technical Coordinator position, to act as focal point for all ship-based activities related to the implementation of global ocean observing systems supported by JCOMMOPS.
Duty station: Toulouse (Brest in the future), France. More information.
Closing date for applications: 31 August 2012.
FORMAL NOTIFICATION OF JCOMM-4
The formal notification packet for JCOMM-4 has been sent for action and/or information to all JCOMM Action Addressees for the IOC and WMO, IOC Action Addressees, JCOMM Mailing List Members, Permanent Delegations to IOC, National Commissions to IOC, IOC Officers, and organizations working with IOC, and includes the following documents:
- Formal notification of JCOMM-4, Yeosu, Republic of Korea, 23-31 May 2012 (SG/CER/IOC/JCOMM-4);
- Explanatory Memo for IOC Member States (IOC/1131/WWW/AF/FC);
- Invitation to nominate experts to JCOMM teams for the next intersessional period (JCOMM No.1/2012)
- Invitation to the Scientific and Technical Workshop "Scientific and technical workshop - Improving Marine and Ocean Data Products for Science and Society: the Role of JCOMM" (24-25 May 2012), and request for submission of abstracts and travel support requests (JCOMM No.2/2012) - Deadline: 30 March 2012.
All documents and their available translations can be found on the JCOMM-4 website at: www.jcomm.info/jcomm4doc
- Call for nominations of candidates for experts of JCOMM
- Scientific and Technical Workshop at JCOMM-IV : Call for Papers (closing date 30 March)
- The 4th session of JCOMM is to be held in Yeosu, Republic of Korea, 23-31 May 2012
- Call for nominations of candidates for the post of co-president of JCOMM from the oceanic sciences
- Korean Meteorological Administration and IOC sign agreement of support for JCOMM activities