NEWLY PUBLISHED: Volume 5 (Radar Gauges) of Manual on Sea Level Measurement and Interpretation
Volume V of the Manual on Sea Level Measurement and Interpretation has recently been published (IOC Manuals and Guides No.14; JCOMM Technical Report No.89; 2016). It is devoted specifically to "Radar Tide Gauges".
This technology is increasingly replacing previous tide gauge technologies in many countries.
At the 13th Meeting of the GLOSS Group of Experts in November 2013 in Liverpool, a new edition of the Manual was proposed that would focus on this particular technology and pros and cons with its use.
VACANCY NOTICE: IOC PROJECT ASSISTANT FOR JCOMMOPS OFFICE IN BREST, FRANCE
IOC/UNESCO is inviting applications for the position of Project Assistant (G-4) at JCOMMOPS Office in Brest, France. Vacancy notice available on UNESCO careers website for Project appointments.
CALL FOR PAPERS: 1ST INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON WAVES, STORM SURGES AND COASTAL HAZARDS
The 1st International Workshop on Waves, Storm Surges and Coastal Hazards, to be held in Liverpool, UK, September 10 to 15, 2017, marks the incorporation of 3 events:
• 15TH INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON WAVE HINDCASTING AND FORECASTING
• 6TH COASTAL HAZARDS SYMPOSIUM, and
• 3RD JCOMM SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNICAL SYMPOSIUM ON STORM SURGES
Sponsorship is by the Liverpool Institute for Sustainable Coasts and Oceans (LISCO), the UK National Oceanography Centre, the Taylor Engineering Research Institute at the University of North Florida, Environment and Climate Change Canada and the WMO-IOC Joint Technical Commission for Oceanography and Marine Meteorology (JCOMM).
Abstract submission deadline: 30th March 2017
Full papers (optional) deadline: 30th August 2017
Special session on real-time Quality Control of oceanographic data, OCEANS16 Monterey, CA, USA
A special session addressing the real-time quality control of oceanographic data will be arranged at the MTS/IEEE OCEANS’16 Monterey Bay, CA (see http://www.oceans16mtsieeemonterey.org).
Specific topics sought include:
- Data management of QC information
- Emerging QC at cabled observatories
- Implementation of QARTOD tests
- Quality assurance standards
- Regional test thresholds
- Application of QC information to real-world solutions
- Case studies of challenging QC problems
Abstracts are due by April 22nd and should be identified as being submitted for the Real-Time QC special session. Full papers are due by July 15th.
- Vacancy Notice for WMO Post on Marine & Ocean Observations and Data Management
- Call for abstracts: Fourth International Workshop on the Advances in the Use of Historical Marine Climate Data (MARCDAT-IV)
- Master Programme in Ocean Physics and Technology
- Call for papers: 2nd JCOMM Scientific and Technical Symposium on Storm Surges
- The 11th International Conference on Coasts, Ports and Marine Structures